Have you made your pledge for WRAP’s Recycle week?
WRAP’s recycle week, with the theme ‘Let’s Waste less’ starts 22nd June. As I mentioned in our post, back in April, this is a very special time for us. It was during WRAP’s recycle week last year that we began our zero waste challenge and launched our site!
WRAP are encouraging people to make a pledge to reduce their household waste.
WRAP’s landfill busting suggestions include:
- Recycle cans and bottles when out and about.
- Home compost kitchen and garden waste.
- Squash and recycle all my cartons.
- Recycle all my glass bottles and jars.
- Recycle all my newspapers and magazines.
- Recycle my waste electricals.
- Reuse my carrier bags.
- Use my leftovers for lunch the next day.
- Choose peat-free compost.
- Look for the new recycling labels when shopping.
The emphasis this year is to have a bit of fun while doing your bit to help the planet. You can sign up for your pledge and, in front of all the visitors to the site, you can state your forfeit if you fail!
As we know from writing the blog, there is something about declaring things in writing and making yourself accountable in public that leads you towards success.
You may well wonder what the Green’s are going to pledge for recycle week. I mean, we do all those things already, right?
Well, until you’ve signed up, and declared your pledge in public, we’re not going to tell you, so there.
So head on over to the Recycle Now website, make your pledge and come back and tell us when you’re done. We’ll put you out of your misery and let you know what we’re up to tomorrow.
Here are some clues for you:
- It does not involve any of WRAP’s Recycle Week suggestions (ya know, not being ones to follow the herd and all that)
- It might involve some of these, and a bit of this
- We’ve been putting off doing this job for over ten years
- I wish I never agreed already
- We could be gone longer than a week
In true Rolf Harris fashion – Can you tell what it is yet?
Stay tuned and find out tomorrow, just what the Green’s Recycle Week pledge is going to be!