How do you fancy being the proud owner of something that is unique, functional and will help you reduce your landfill waste?
Back in February we launched a competition to win a ReSACKel reusable shopping bag. The response was amazing and the winners loved their prizes!
As you may remember, Brian Pemberton, the green entrepreneur behind ReSACKel is a man on a mission to solve the world’s looming waste crisis.
Brian takes used rice sacks from China and refashions them into reusable and unique grocery bags. The sacks are reused, not recycled, so all the original designs from the sacks remain. This means every bag is unique and hand crafted.
We’ve been using these bags ourselves and have discovered the following funky attributes:
1- They are strong (originally designed to carry 25kgs rice!)
2- Sturdy base means they stand up at the checkout for easy packing
3- Wipe clean
4- Comfortable handles
5- Compact when folded up
In addition these ReSACKel reusable shopping bags:
1- Are unique
2- Are functional
3- Are environmentally friendly because they have been reused
4- Make a fashion statement
5- Are available exclusively to My zero waste readers at the moment!
Two great reasons
- We believe in the product. Brian is doing his bit for the environment, working on an issue that is close to our hearts and operates an ethical business.
- Our server is reaching its maximum capacity thanks to all the wonderful people we have visiting the site and we need to upgrade!
Anyone who runs a non-profit website will appreciate that this all costs money. We have had numerous people contacting us to inform us that the site has crashed or pages cannot load. With your support you can help us upgrade our server for a better online experience.
Instead of asking for donations or covering the site with adverts, we decided we would like to give you the opportunity to purchase something that will provide you with value and encourage you to reduce your waste.
We have a limited supply of these bags and as the saying goes ‘When they’re gone, they’re gone.’ So you need to be quick to secure your order.
You will receive 3 ReSACKel reusable shopping bags sent to your UK address. We’re afraid you can’t choose your designs, but you will get three different designs, chosen randomly from the six shown on this page.
How you will benefit
These bags are not yet available in the UK, except through us; so this is your chance to get something exclusive to proudly swing around at your nearest checkout; or wherever it is you like to proudly swing things about.
You’ll be the proud owner of three unique reusable shopping bags AND you’ll have a warm glow in your heart from helping reduce landfill waste and helping us to provide you with a better service.
How we benefit
We share in the warm glow feeling by supporting Brian and helping you to keep things out of the landfill. We’ll be able to upgrade our servers so that the site runs faster, which means we can bring you more of the stuff you love.
In exchange for 3 reusable bags, delivered to you in a recycled polythene bag, fresh to your door, we are asking £16.
How to purchase
Pop along to our shop, or buy at the end of this page.
Please don’t be put off by the paypal logo! If you don’t have a paypal account, you can use your credit card to pay.
visa / delta / electron
master card / eurocard
switch / maestro
Terms and conditions
Here’s the boring stuff but please read through:
- The price includes UK delivery.
- Your bags will be sent to you second class with proof of postage.
- We aim to prepare your order within two working days of receipt and deliver your goods within 5 working days.
- My zero waste are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information you give us to process orders only.
- You cannot choose your designs; they will be sent out randomly, but we will endeavour to send you three different bags from the six designs shown on this page.
- We cannot offer refunds on products -any perceived ‘flaws’ are unique features of these recycled products.
- Price includes UK shipping only. For shipping outside the UK, please contact us for rates before purchasing and we will send you a separate invoice.
Want some reusable ReSACKel bags? Hit ‘gimme the bags!’ to buy!
Easy Related Posts
Would you like a plastic free aisle in supermarkets? Here's how to get one in just seven seconds!
Most supermarkets have a 'free from' aisle. You'll find gluten free, lactose free and dairy ...read more
What actions can China’s citizens take to curb pollution?
Over on our Facebook Group, we have an international audience of people wanting to do ...read more
The main causes of, and how to reduce, food waste
This week I came across Appetti; a food and beverage marketing platform for restaurants, cafes ...read more
14 amazing couscous recipes
Over on Facebook, some of us are having a 'Use it up!' challenge to eat ...read more