Welcome to the August 12, 2008 edition of carnival of trash. I was so worried I would be a Billy No Mates, but it’s amazing how many wonderful people have joined in with the second Carnival of trash! I’m so delighted to see you here, joining in the fun and talking a load of old rubbish. So, dear readers, take your pick from today’s Carnival posts and send us your thoughts.
- Paul Tuite presents ECOutlet – Blog posted about his weekend at the BBC big recycle over on his ECOutlet Blog.
- Katy Wolk-Stanley presents Trash Talk For The Non-Consumer Set posted at The Non-Consumer Advocate, saying, “We can all challenge ourselves to decrease our garbage output. We can do better.”
- Beth Terry presents Take Back The Climate posted at Fake Plastic Fish, saying, “A discussion of the link between waste and global warming. There’s more to it than emissions from landfills or incinerators.”
- Little Shiva presents carnival of trash posted at The Visible Trash Society, saying, “It’s about thinking and re-thinking.”
- Almost Mrs Average presents The Rubbish Diet: My Top 10 Myth-Busters! posted at The Rubbish Diet, saying, “How to sort out those ifs and buts for good!”
- Condo Blues presents How to Make a Wine Glass Chandelier posted at Condo Blues, saying, “If I couldn’t have a designer $6000 wine glass chandelier for my dining room, I figured that I could make one out of orphan wine glasses for my craft room.”
- everydaytrash presents Trashtastic Tuesday with Scott Kellogg « everydaytrash posted at EveryDay Trash, saying, “In this Trashtastic Tuesday feature Leila Darabi of everydaytrash.com checks in with Skotty Kellogg of the Rhizome Collective for tips on sustainable city living and using existing trash to prevent future trash.”
That was fab and so much fun. Thank you all for taking part, I hope you all enjoyed reading the wide and varied topics covered in this carnival.
Next month, the carnival will be hosted on the other side of the pond over at Fake Plastic Fish, so tune in and enter some of your own posts if you have a blog.
Easy Related Posts
Are YOU greener at home than work?
I read a fascinating article in the Guardian called "I just can't be bothered: Why ...read more
Thank you for voting for me! I'm officially a 'waste wizard!'
Resource magazine have just announced their "Hot 100 Waste Wizards for 2016". And I'm thrilled to ...read more
If you want me ... Here I am with a new hat on!
A blog post story with a twist Today, I'm 'coming out' to let you know ...read more
6 Reuse ideas for builders merchants bulk bags - in the garden
The construction industry generates over 100 million tonnes of waste every year. And our Zero Waste ...read more