Welcome to the August 12, 2008 edition of carnival of trash. I was so worried I would be a Billy No Mates, but it’s amazing how many wonderful people have joined in with the second Carnival of trash! I’m so delighted to see you here, joining in the fun and talking a load of old rubbish. So, dear readers, take your pick from today’s Carnival posts and send us your thoughts.
- Paul Tuite presents ECOutlet – Blog posted about his weekend at the BBC big recycle over on his ECOutlet Blog.
- Katy Wolk-Stanley presents Trash Talk For The Non-Consumer Set posted at The Non-Consumer Advocate, saying, “We can all challenge ourselves to decrease our garbage output. We can do better.”
- Beth Terry presents Take Back The Climate posted at Fake Plastic Fish, saying, “A discussion of the link between waste and global warming. There’s more to it than emissions from landfills or incinerators.”
- Little Shiva presents carnival of trash posted at The Visible Trash Society, saying, “It’s about thinking and re-thinking.”
- Almost Mrs Average presents The Rubbish Diet: My Top 10 Myth-Busters! posted at The Rubbish Diet, saying, “How to sort out those ifs and buts for good!”
- Condo Blues presents How to Make a Wine Glass Chandelier posted at Condo Blues, saying, “If I couldn’t have a designer $6000 wine glass chandelier for my dining room, I figured that I could make one out of orphan wine glasses for my craft room.”
- everydaytrash presents Trashtastic Tuesday with Scott Kellogg « everydaytrash posted at EveryDay Trash, saying, “In this Trashtastic Tuesday feature Leila Darabi of everydaytrash.com checks in with Skotty Kellogg of the Rhizome Collective for tips on sustainable city living and using existing trash to prevent future trash.”
That was fab and so much fun. Thank you all for taking part, I hope you all enjoyed reading the wide and varied topics covered in this carnival.
Next month, the carnival will be hosted on the other side of the pond over at Fake Plastic Fish, so tune in and enter some of your own posts if you have a blog.
Easy Related Posts
The main causes of, and how to reduce, food waste
This week I came across Appetti; a food and beverage marketing platform for restaurants, cafes ...read more
14 amazing couscous recipes
Over on Facebook, some of us are having a 'Use it up!' challenge to eat ...read more
You can make a difference to the world - right now!
How would it feel to make a positive difference in the world, right now? Sometimes the ...read more
3 ways to help your business go zero waste
Minimising your business’s environmental impact doesn’t need to be difficult. There’s been substantial improvements in ...read more